lunedì 3 marzo 2014

MARTIN MARGIELA MASK


I love Maison Martin Margiela, and I went crazy when I first saw the 2012 haute couture show. I want it so bad, but it was impossible to find, so I decided... Why can't I make one? It is really easy and everyone can make it, and today we are going to transform a simple black beanie into a haute couture mask!  


YOU WILL NEED: 


LET'S START! 



STEP 1: Take the felt and the metallic foil. Measure the foil and cut precisely at the edge of the felt. 

STEP 2: Take off the protective side and stick it carefully, in order to not make bubble, to the felt.

STEP 3: Take the pinking scissors and start cutting in a triangular shape (you can choose your own shape!). This step will take a while because the felt is very thick and hard to cut, so take your time! 








STEP 4: Take the black beanie and put down the turn-up.  

STEP 5: This step is optional. Start to put the triangles in a design you like, so it will be easier on the next step to glue everything.

STEP 6: Take the glue gun, and starts to glue every pieces. Be careful when you stick the triangle, the glue is hot and hurts a lot! (my experience :D) 

In the end you should have something like this: 





























My beanie was sewn on one side, and I decided to keep it like that so it's shorter in the back!


Good luck!







Nessun commento:

Posta un commento